Multipacking and variety packs are seen by many marketing personnel as a way of increasing sales of a product into the marketplace. To meet this requirement in the can and bottle market Enterprise Tondelli has a variety of equipment and systems to meet this need.
They fall into the following broad categories defined as follows:-
Kraft board type sleeve multipackers
- This type of multipack would typically produce 1×2, 1×3, 1×4, 2×2,2×3, 2×4 and 2×5 packs although this is not definitive
- Speeds would be from 80 to 120 packs per minute
- Bottle necks could be through the board or enclosed.
Film only multipackers
- Packs able to be produced are from 1×2 upwards
- Machine outputs can be from 20 packs to 400 packs per minute as required for instance on a 2,000 cans per minute beverage filling line
- For very high speed an automatic pre-printed reel change over system is available with the machine continuing to run at 80 cycles per minute before returning to 200 cycles per minute
- Generally used for the larger multipacks such as 3×4 or 6×4
- Machines from 20 to 80 cartons per minute
Often marketing requires to produce a mixed pack giving the customer for instance several flavours or variations of the same product in one pack.
- A project for Mackle Pet Foods for instance meant making combining three or four different flavours of canned pet food into the same shrinkwrapped 6, 8 or 12 variety pack. A robot depalletiser and special laning system was supplied along with all the conveyors to meet this need along with a film only multipacker shrinkwrapper. The multipacks produced were then automatically laned, orientated and packed into a tray with film.
- Multipacks often need special laning and turning systems after being produced and Enterprise Tondelli have a wealth of experience in this field along with the required conveyors
- Another solution is a multiple star wheel system that also can combine different products into the same pack.
As turn key suppliers Enterprise Tondelli will design and supply a system to meet your needs.